Code of conduct
All users are expected to familiarise themselves with the Library Services Code of Conduct.
You must always have your City card with you to visit the library.
Study spaces and noise
- Silent Study - silent, individual study. No talking or mobile phone use
- Quiet Study - whispered, brief conversations. No mobile phone use
- Group Study - low level conversations for group work, no excessive noise. Mobile phone calls are permitted if they are not causing a disturbance to other users.
Group Study Rooms
Bookable online. Low level conversations for group work, no excessive noise. Mobile phone calls are permitted if they are not causing a disturbance to other users.
Report noise in silent and quiet study zones using the SMS noise line (Mon-Fri 10am-7pm) 020 3322 6359.
Mobile phones must be on silent in all library spaces.
Food and drink
- No hot food.
- Cold snack food is permitted.
- Hot and cold lidded drinks (except alcoholic drinks) are permitted.
- Group Study: level 2
- Quiet Study (low level conversations): level 3
- Silent Study: Levels 4, 5 and 6
- Group Study Rooms: Level 3
- Computers: Levels 2 and 3
- Silent Study computer labs: Levels 4 and 6
- Silent Study Financial Resources Suite: Level 5, with bookable terminals for use of Bloomberg, Eikon and Morningstar databases
- Quiet Study: throughout
- Silent Study: rear of the Library
- Rooms for group work outside the library are available for PG and MBA students to book
- Computers: PC lab and the Bureau Van Dijk room
- The Financial Resources Zone: 12 bookable terminals for use of Bloomberg, Eikon, Morningstar and other databases
- Quiet study: Lower Ground Level
- Silent study: Levels 1 and 2
- Group Study Room: Lower Ground Level
- Computers: Lower Ground Level (quiet) and Level 1 (silent)
- City Law School students and staff only
- Quiet study throughout
- The nearest computer room to the Library is in AG13
- For your safety and security CCTV is in operation and routine patrols are undertaken
- Present your City card to staff when requested
- Keep your belongings with you at all times. Unattended items may be removed
- Be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour to a member of library staff or security
- In an emergency follow instructions given by staff and learn the evacuation routes
- Access to our libraries outside staffed hours is for City students, staff, and alumni only
- Children are not allowed access to the library