All users are bound by the IT user regulations and Library Services Code of Conduct.
The provision of laptop loans is for current City Undergraduate students.
Before using the Laptop Loans Service, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of use outlined below.
- You may only borrow one laptop at any time and one accessory type.
- Overdue charges are levied for the late return of laptop loans.
Things to remember
- Return the laptop to the locker no later than 15 minutes before closing time. (The Return time will be confirmed on your printed / email receipt).
- Do not leave a laptop unattended at any time.
- Once you have borrowed a laptop or any accessories (such as charging cables), you are responsible for them. If they are damaged or not returned, you will be responsible for the cost of replacement
Using your laptop
- The laptops are provided for use in and around City campus buildings only using the Eduroam wifi network.
- Do not attempt to download or install software onto the loaned device – if you do, you will be held responsible for any damage that this may cause.
- We cannot accept responsibility or liability if your data is lost while you are using one of the laptops. When a laptop is shut down or rebooted, all documents, browsing history and other personal items will be wiped automatically. Please take appropriate steps to prevent losing your data, such as saving your work to the cloud or a USB drive.
Laptop Loans service
- We cannot guarantee that a laptop will be available.
- Laptop loan lockers are for the storage and charging of loan laptops only.
- We reserve the right to limit or adjust the loan period of a laptop, or to withdraw access to the Laptop Loans Service at any time.
- We also reserve the right to withdraw your access to the Laptop Loans Service if any of these Terms and Conditions are breached or if we have reason to believe that a breach is likely.